Dear friends and neighbors,
I wanted to give you a quick update on the Dixie Fire from the July 20 Morning Report: The fire is 59,984 acres with 15% containment.
Dry conditions and high winds have led to erratic fire behavior making suppression challenging, and multiple agencies have been deployed in response to the fire. Fire patterns, weather, and traffic updates are changing frequently as firefighters continue to work to gain containment, so please check with your local resources for the most current information. Please click here to sign up for Plumas County Code Red Evacuation Alerts.
The following agencies are providing updates and resources that may be helpful:
- U.S. Forest Service: Plumas National Forest Facebook
- U.S. Forest Service Plumas National Forest
- Plumas County Dixie Fire Website
- Plumas County Sheriff’s Facebook
- Lassen County Sheriff’s Office Facebook
- CAL FIRE Dixie Fire Update
- Caltrans District 2
- National Weather Service
- Dixie Fire Inciweb
- Evacuation Preparedness
- Returning Home Checklist
- State of California Disaster Recovery Programs
- Federal Disaster Recovery Programs
- Wildfire Action Plan
My heartfelt thoughts to all who are evacuated. I am in contact with incident management teams and continue to monitor the situation closely. Please follow all evacuation orders from law enforcement. Thank you firefighters and volunteers who are working diligently.
Recently, I urged legislators on the importance of sufficient wildfire funding while allocating dollars appropriately and in a timely manner. Watch here and here.