I am in daily contact with the Governor’s office, the Office of Emergency Services, and the California Department of Public Health regarding the coronavirus.
For the most up-to-date, accurate information, please consult the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the California Department of Public Health, as well as our local public health departments:
- Alpine County Public Health
- El Dorado County Health and Human Services
- Lassen County Public Health
- Modoc County Health Services
- Nevada County Health and Human Services
- Placer County Health and Human Services
- Plumas County Public Health Agency
- Sacramento County Public Health
- Sierra County Public Health
- Siskiyou County Public Health
- Shasta County Health and Human Services
These are reliable sources for accurate and timely information on COVID-19 and whether it is in our community.
The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. However, as a reminder, everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
- CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19.
- Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others. The use of facemasks is also crucial for health workers and people who are taking care of someone in close settings (at home or in a health care facility).
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
As always, I am prepared to assist constituents with any questions, concerns, or issues they may have, and I will continue to share information as it becomes available.
General Health & Safety
- California Department of Public Health COVID-19
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) | Centers For Disease Control Information and Updates
- California Offices of Emergency Services COVID-19 and General information
- Covered California - Expanded Enrollment
Schools / Students
- Guidance for K-12 (CA Department of Education)
- Legislation for funding the fight against COVID-19, and School Closures
- Placer County School District Meal Information during Closures for COVID-19 (docx)
- Disabled Students Services
- Activities for kids: Read a book, Learn to Cook, Tour a Museum (Virtual)
- Guidance for Higher Education - Executive Order on Funding
- Free Meals for Kids in Shasta County
- Home Curriculum for Early Autism Education
Small Business Resources
- SBA Offers Disaster Assistance to California Small Businesses Economically Impacted by the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Other Small Business Resources
Workers and Employers
- EDD information and Resources -Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19)
- Chart of Benefits for Workers Impacted by COVID-19
- Critical/Essential Workforce Definitions
- Essential Critical Workers - CA
Seniors & Veterans
Social Services - Disabled Resources
- Grocery Stores
- Find Food Assistance
- Guidance for Homeless Assistance Providers on COVID-19
- California State Parks information - Open and Closures
- Checks from the government | FTC - SCAM avoidance