I am in daily contact with the Governor’s office, the Office of Emergency Services, and the California Department of Public Health regarding the coronavirus.
For the most up-to-date, accurate information, please consult the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the California Department of Public Health, as well as our local public health departments:
- Alpine County Public Health
- El Dorado County Health and Human Services
- Lassen County Public Health
- Modoc County Health Services
- Nevada County Health and Human Services
- Placer County Health and Human Services
- Plumas County Public Health Agency
- Sacramento County Public Health
- Sierra County Public Health
- Siskiyou County Public Health
- Shasta County Health and Human Services
These are reliable sources for accurate and timely information on COVID-19 and whether it is in our community.
The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. However, as a reminder, everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
As always, I am prepared to assist constituents with any questions, concerns, or issues they may have, and I will continue to share information as it becomes available.
Informational Flyer (pdf)
General Health & Safety
- California Department of Public Health COVID-19
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) | Centers For Disease Control Information and Updates
- California Offices of Emergency Services COVID-19 and General information
- Covered California - Expanded Enrollment
Schools / Students
- Guidance for K-12 (CA Department of Education)
- Legislation for funding the fight against COVID-19, and School Closures
- Placer County School District Meal Information during Closures for COVID-19 (docx)
- Disabled Students Services
- Activities for kids: Read a book, Learn to Cook, Tour a Museum (Virtual)
- Guidance for Higher Education - Executive Order on Funding
- Free Meals for Kids in Shasta County
- Home Curriculum for Early Autism Education
- Meals for Kids - USDA
Small Business Resources
- SBA Offers Disaster Assistance to California Small Businesses Economically Impacted by the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Other Small Business Resources
Workers and Employers
- EDD information and Resources -Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19)
- EDD - Pandemic Unemployment Assistance
- Chart of Benefits for Workers Impacted by COVID-19
- Critical/Essential Workforce Definitions
- Essential Critical Workers - CA
- Nonprofit Unemployment Concern (pdf)
Seniors & Veterans
Social Services - Disabled Resources
- Grocery Stores
- Find Food Assistance
- Guidance for Homeless Assistance Providers on COVID-19
- California State Parks information - Open and Closures
- Checks from the government | FTC - SCAM avoidance
- DMV - Expiring licenses, and other important needs
- DMV - Virtual Office